If you are thinking of building a new silage clamp, slurry tank or lagoon, or substantially altering an existing store, you need to tell the Environment Agency at least 2 weeks before you start construction. You also need to provide information about the structure you are planning to build and where it will be located. Guidance on GOV.UK sets out the information you will be asked to provide to the Environment Agency. The Environment Agency is happy to discuss your proposals with you at an early stage of planning. It can give advice about construction requirements and location if this is needed. Please be aware that planning permission may be required for any development you are planning. Please contact us with all your planning queries.